Bridge Watch Keeping Course
Duration: eighteen (18) Weeks
Location: Caribbean Military Maritime Training Centre
This course is designed to develop the skills of Naval Officers. The course focuses on naval safety, particularly the avoidance
of close quarters situations in accordance with the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. The course builds
students’ proficiency in safe watchkeeping procedures.
- Conduct visual navigation
- Apply rules of the road
- Perform duties as officer of the watch
- Demonstrate basic bridge leadership skills
- Use basic meteorological information
- Officers whose primary employment and career progression will be onboard HMJ Ships, who has successfully passed the Naval Officers’ Orientation Course.
- Officers of the JDF Coast Guard National Reserve, who have successfully passed the Naval Officers’ Orientation Course.
- Must possess at least one (1) year afloat experience or are affiliated with a Maritime Organization.