Caribbean Military Maritime Training Center (CMMTC)
The Caribbean Military Maritime Training Centre (CMMTC) delivers military and law enforcement maritime training to regional maritime forces,
to effectively control the Caribbean Maritime space.
Founded in 1963 with the Jamaica Defence Force Coast Guard, CMMTC certifies service personnel from local and regional security forces.
The CMMTC is the premier maritime training centre in the Caribbean, delivering learning that is inspiring, challenging and relevant to meet
the fleet operational capability.
Our mission is to form the maritime arm of the JDF’s Centres of Excellence (COE) for professional training. Our aim is to:
- Provide certified and competent mariners/Military professionals, thereby enabling the Force and its partners to carry out its roles in support
of the nation and the region.
- Respond to the need for maritime domain awareness by establishing commonality in training, operations and policies to continue to
satisfy the needs of the JDF, its regional and international partners.
- Maintain an environment that fosters innovation, effectiveness and productivity.
- Facilitate the concept of lifelong learning by providing opportunities for the ongoing training and development of prospective
and current military personnel.
- Development partnership with key stakeholders in the Maritime space both locally and internationally in order to facilitate
and enhance the continuous growth of the region.
The CMMTC delivers professional maritime training to regional maritime forces in order to effectively control the Caribbean Maritime space.
View Caribbean Military Maritime Training Center (CMMTC) Courses