Section Commander Battle Course
Duration: seven (7) weeks
Location: Caribbean Special Tactics Centre
The aim of the Section Commander Battle Course is to develop the leadership capabilities and knowledge base of junior leaders at
Section Commander level. The course is required for an upgrade in the trade classification and for promotion from Lance Corporal to
Sergeant. The course covers Skill at Arms and Tactics.
The programme will cover in-depth knowledge of infantry tactics, and techniques in the areas of:
- Advanced tactics
- Live firing tactical training
- Map reading/land navigation
- Orders and estimates
- Physical fitness/combat fitness
- Skill at arms (knowledge of all platoon weapons systems)
- Survival training watermanship
- JNCOs who are already Infantry Section Commanders or, are likely to become Section
Commanders in the near future. Nominees should have already completed a JNCOs’ Cadre.
- Regular Force are required to have twelve (12) months uninterrupted BFST currency, while nominees
of the reserve Force are required to have one (1) BFST current for the period. All nominees are to
have a MST pass in order to attend the course.
- Nominees of the JDF’s Regular Force are required to have twelve (12) months uninterrupted BFST currency,
whilst a current BFST is required for the Reserve Force. A MST pass is required for both the Regular and Reserve Force.
- Overseas students are required to meet the relevant fitness standard of their country.